Monday, August 20, 2007

Not So Rotten (Kind of)

I was never a huge fan of the Sex Pistols. I think I kind of saw them for what they were at the onset. The Great Rock and Roll Swindle reinforced that. Any interview with Malcolm McLaren subsequently has cemented it. It was a fashion experiment that caught a humongous stroke of luck. (Ok, the music isn't bad, I suppose.)

More recently, Steve Jones does a cool, oddball radio show on Indie 103.1 in Los Angeles which is available online live or as a podcast. John Lydon went on to do Public Image Limited which I did like quite a bit.

Lydon's trademark is his absolute forthright expressionism. He calls it exactly like he sees it. Here's a soliloquy from last year regarding his refusal to enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:


And here's a video of him defending himself against a prissy drummer. What a disgrace to drummers everywhere. If you can't hold your own against a lead singer, switch to flute:

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP