I Know It's Preseason, But...
I'm still impressed with Grossman. He put up great numbers against the 49ers (31 points in the first half, 211 passing yards) despite Benson getting stuffed or pushed back 7 times. In other words, without a running game, Grossman got the job done.
I know, I know - there's still no excuse for fumbling the snap. No question. The net loss on that play was one down. Ok, he did throw to his right side and get intercepted by Walt Harris, but we all know that water covers 3/4 of the world, Walt Harris covers the rest. Strike that 7 points from the 31 Grossman put up and you still have a nice first half with 24. Griese and Orton combined came up with... zero points.
It's the 49ers without their biggest offensive threat and it's the preseason. None of it matters but I would just appreciate it if people would start to realize what we have happening at QB this year. It's the development process and it's the sophomore effort for a talented QB. I don't remember the last time that's happened in Chicago and I cannot wait until the first game.


2 comments:
TALK MORE ABOUT THE SCROTUM SMASHER!!!!
uh, sorry eh.
Post a Comment