Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bad Ass Caravan

I don't remember who I was just talking to about older Dodge minivans and how fast they were. Dodge (Chrysler) pretty much made minivans ubiquitous, and in an attempt to attract more customers, they made them fast. For a short stretch, this included adding a turbo to their standard 4-cylinder motor which turned it from a "grocery-getter" to a dragster. Literally.

That's right, this guy was smoking Camaros and Mustangs with a stock minivan. He was consistently hitting 12-second times and peaking at over 105 MPH. You have to check out the videos he put up, too.

If he's not lying/exaggerating, the only modifications to the stock vehicle were racing slicks for traction and super-high octane racing fuel. He removed seats to lower the weight (they come out pretty easily, anyhow) and had over 137k miles on it. Crazy.

I have to say, I rented a Caravan to take a bunch of folks to the WI state fair years ago, and fully burdened, it had some solid get-up-and-go. (I'd still never own one myself...)

1 comments:

olddogdk 9:51 PM  

I saw this guy on TV. You know my thoughts on Caravans.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP