Food Stuff
I've been trying to use the internets to my advantage in my quest to be lighter. I set up a spreadsheet using Google Documents (cool, online version of MS Office for basis word processing and spreadsheets - collaboration function, too) with a new sheet for every month and 31 spots for a daily diary of what I've eaten.
One cool advantage to doing it this way is that it's everywhere where there's an internet connection (thus, less chance for excuses). Also, if I'm home during the evening and I've shut down the computer, it's more of a hassle to have to wait for everything to reboot and log on than to just skip that one last snack. Sounds crazy but that's how my mind works. I rarely took pictures before I got a digital camera and I never kept a journal before Blogger.
We've been shifting our food consumption for a while now. Woodman's has been a big help since they have two aisles of "healthy" food choices. It's not always cheap to eat right, but between Woodman's, Trader Joe's, and the local farmer's market, we've found a nice assortment within our budget that doesn't feel like a compromise.
If you haven't tried any of the frozen foods from Amy's, you're missing out. I highly recommend the Mattar Paneer dinner. I have tended to shy away based on the prices, but I had the Mattar Paneer last night and it was fantastic. Straight out of the microwave and it was damn near restaurant quality.
For the record, I'm already down six pounds since Saturday just by making exercise more consistent, doing ANYTHING other than sitting around when I get home, and tracking what I eat. I'm not really on a diet, even. The tracking (just thinking about it) keeps me a little more realistic.


2 comments:
I've never tried the Indian food from Amy's, but the lunch pocket things rock.
Probably a lil more expensive, but a lot more healthy than a Hotttttt Pockkkkket.
Congrats on the 6lbs...that's a lot for less than a week!!!!
Good work, Chris. The most important thing about your health is being aware of what you are putting into yourself. If you know that you ate a lot of crap yesterday and are honest about it the more likely you are to eat something good for you today. Ate McDonald's yesterday? Eat a Superfood drink for lunch today and go for a bike ride to get it. Keep at it and you'll be slim as a bean pole in no time.
Post a Comment