Sunday, October 07, 2007

Unicorn Chaser

So here's a quick recap of my weekend. Friday night was great - saw some relatives and had a good meal (beef remoulades - Oktoberfest deal).

Saturday, not so great. I got an e-mail early in the day that not only would my old hosting provider not release my domain, but I'd have to make another phone call to cancel my accounts with them, too. Bogus. Then, we went one of our favorite restaurants in St. Charles and it has gone way bad. Besides really poor service, there was a dead cockroach caught between two plexiglass sections right at eye level no more than two feet in front of us. Then a live one. It's a sushi bar and we will not be going back. To top it all off, it was really hot out - nice and balmy for an October evening. Ok, we did get some good ice cream.

Today, we had brunch at Walter Payton's (on my sister!), I got some excellent presents, we had birthday cupcakes, and then the Bears won. Good day.

Coming up this week - Big Drag plays Rockford on Thursday, then Supercush at the House on Friday night. Hopefully, I'll have new web sites up and running by week's end, too. Still busy at work but I have new socks so I'm all set.

Did I mention that the Bears won?

2 comments:

edP 9:46 PM  

Happy birthday ChrisB!

P-Dizzle 6:11 AM  

New socks work wonders.

Happy birthday young fella!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP