Friday, October 19, 2007

Foo Fighters



I saw them years ago at Summerfest in Wisconsin. They killed. Grohl is a drummer and a rocker with what appears to be a fine appreciation for good, loud music. He makes good, loud music as a result. Not whole albums of winners, mind you, but some of the songs are good enough to make up for that. I thought they sounded a little less ferocious without Pat Smear (he left the band a few albums ago) but he was back for this appearance on SNL. Limited guitar work but I contend he adds a lot to the equation. I'd try to see them live again if I knew he'd be with them.

3 comments:

Moderator 3:10 PM  

I think I saw their first Chicago show at Metro in 1984 or something. It was pretty rocking.

Chris B. 7:40 AM  

You might be thinking about 1994. I'm pretty sure Nirvana hadn't taken off in 1984. (Or maybe you're thinking of Metallica...)

edP 10:43 AM  

1989 (or 1990) Nirvana played the Metro on the Bleach tour...and tour might not be the right word for it.

Our friend Jerry had a bootleg of the show on VHS and I always believe the dates written on the side of those things.

My evidence that the show was pre rather than post Nevermind? You could clearly hear some drunk guy yelling out "Floyd the Barber!"

Pretty sure they weren't yelling for that one after Sept 1991.

Good times.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP