Last Rex Post
I'm glad Brian Griese got the nod and has been doing well. Let's not forget that Rex looked even better at this point last year. I think it was only this week last year where he started to waver. So far, Griese hasn't made the same mistakes (if you excuse last week's fumbled snaps and the prior week's interceptions) that Grossman had been making most recently.
Every QB we get ends up getting swallowed up while other premier QBs get constant protection. I saw a clip on NFL Network of the protection Tom Brady gets. We've NEVER had a line like that. Everyone contributes, if there's a mismatch, they pick it up on the fly - no matter what the defense shows/does. It's very impressive. I contend that Rex Grossman would still be our QB and would be competitive with Brady and Manning (again) with that kind of premier protection.
Maybe he needs a new scheme like we needed a new scapegoat. Hopefully, this scapegoat can continue to evade the rush on his own.


5 comments:
You have some real insight into the Bears. Your dedication is undeniable. You are a good fan.
The heart and soul of any football team is the offensive line and you can't have long-term success w/out one...just ask the 49ers and the mini-dynasty of the Broncos in the 90's.
This has turned into a sad season. Brown and Dvoracek went down right away which really crippled the D. The offense (as it's done so many times before) started out nil, got some new life, then squeezed any upside out of it with terrible play.
I mean, Griese was throwing off his back foot into double coverage. Sound familiar? I would expect either Brady or Manning would throw interceptions in this offense, too. We know why the defense sucks - Urlacher's playing hurt and everyone else is broken, too. The offense just sucks. Eh.
Bye bye Dish Network.
Why are you still watching? I check in the game between cooking shows. To watch the entire game is just too painful.
I'm holding out hope that some magical spark will ignite someone and the season will be spared. I'm SO glad I didn't start the season trash-talking with my cousins in WI. That could've been disastrous. (It still will be at Christmas, I predict.)
Post a Comment