Frustrated.
I have been paying for hosted space for two different web sites using Readyhosting, Inc. for many years. They were bought and moved from Kenosha, WI to Burlington, MA a few years ago. I haven't liked the service since they made the ownership change. There have been a number of outages (purportedly due to necessary upgrades) and even a hijacking of my sites. The last straw was when I attempted to get help with a problem and had to wait 30 minutes only to be disconnected.
I decided to switch hosting providers and quickly learned that I have been over-paying for quite some time. However, in trying to obtain the information I need to switch the domain names from Readyhosting to the new one, I ran into a fresh set of snags.
First, it took three phone calls and a "live chat" session to actually get to someone that could help me. Then, 45 minutes later, the answer was "No." Because I had set my account up on using an e-mail address that no longer exists, I'm basically out of luck. Three days and numerous e-mails later, I'm given the option to fill out information on a fax, sign it, and send it back to them to switch the e-mail address to a current one. I did that, then got three follow up e-mails - one telling me they apologized for the inconvenience but they sent the information to my e-mail address (the same one that I can't reach), another asking me for the number of the fax machine I sent the fax from, and a third saying they got my fax but needed a picture ID faxed to them next.
That's it. I'm out. So, I may lose the domain name I've had for nearly 10 years. I'll wait it out and see if I can pick it up after it expires. If not, I'll make a slight change to it and start over from scratch.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH READYHOSTING!


0 comments:
Post a Comment