Monday, October 08, 2007

These Are The Bears I Like

Here's a list of my favorite Bears:

The whole defense. It's a drag that most of the starters are either injured or playing hurt, but they should be mostly whole soon enough. Meanwhile, we're seeing some excellent plays by new guys like Brandon McGowan and Jamar Williams (heir apparent to Lance Briggs). Tillman came up big yesterday, too. He's improved every year and he has to be one of the best CBs in the league.

On the offense, I am a big fan of Greg Olsen already. You can't handle yourself much better in the preseason, during contract negotiations, at practice, with the media, or on the field. The last time I saw such a complete package was a new linebacker named Brian. Hell, they even sound similar.

Desmond Clark is another great player. I think his touchdown catch was actually a busted play and he had the presence of mind to continue his route. He doesn't seem to mind the new, young guy, either.

Mark Bradley, Rasheid Davis, Mike Hass - 2nd string receivers that I believe would be making things happen if given more time. I'm telling you, Hass/Olsen is the combination of the future.

Adrian Peterson could be my favorite Bear. He does what he's asked and a little more every time. The argument that Benson couldn't break through because the line sucks is less valid when Peterson is able to pick up necessary yards every time. Also, between him and Brendan Ayanbadejo, you've got one of the best, mercenary special teams in all of football.

Jason McKie gets very little attention but makes great plays. I saw him fly into a pile to clear one of the only paths Benson had last night.

Brad Maynard has to be one of the best punters in the league. He gave the Packers lousy field position all day and recovered a fumble - all with a recovering groin pull injury.

Robbie Gould has a pretty good story and a better foot. From hauling lumber to being one of the best kickers in the league (despite his own coach taking points off the board) he just keeps splitting the uprights.

My biggest complaints are with Cedric Benson and the offensive line. Both are ineffectual so far and both are the primary responsibility of Ron Turner. He's suspect, too, as far as I'm concerned. I'd clear them out along with Berrian and Muhammad (he's not a #1 in my eyes) and start from scratch. Defense gets you to the playoffs, but balance wins it all. We have the d, the special teams, and we have a pretty good receiving core. Not sure how to handle the QB position, but if the line and the RB was solid, it wouldn't matter.

1 comments:

P-Dizzle 1:29 PM  

Vasher, beeyotch!

*sniffle*

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP