Is This Thing On?
So, I got the microphone issue sorted out and thought I had a pretty good vantage point on top of a coat closet. But, the distance and action (plus the sound) was probably too much to feed through the intertubes all at once. Oh well.
It took me forever to get the freaking thing to work. I did two solid test runs - one at the House a few weeks ago, then again at home a few nights ago. I had no trouble either time but the minute it was crucial to get it started (an hour before the big reunion show), nothing but problems.
First, I couldn't get through to the internet. I had a wifi connection but no information was transferring. Somehow, it just magically started working. No explanation. Second, I plugged in the USB web cam and Windows didn't see it. Something strange was at foot. I turned off the firewall, shut down all the extras I have running on Firefox, etc. Ultimately, I had to download new cam drivers (20 MB file + installation time with ten minutes to start time for the show was daunting!) and then it worked. I didn't really have time to set levels or anything.
So, considering that I had a solid flop sweat going and ran into every conceivable tech problem, it got recorded and sent out to you fine folks after all. But the picture sucks, I guess.
Alex and Trent actually went around getting different angles on nice digital cameras and Alex recorded the whole thing to a professional rig, so we should have a much better copy available down the road. I'll get to work on www.magnificentambersons.net soon...
Here's the recorded webcast: http://www.ustream.tv/Assoctw/videos/vHdhUyFVzEtHyaNqZJY.sA
On a completely different note, I got this in my e-mail today.
hello kitty baby chrisb
was that your pinky finger or your dick honey?
http://rushcird.com/
Jas Callagher
It's getting rather personal, but what I want to know is - how did Jas know I wasn't wearing pants?


3 comments:
i caught most of it and it wasn't that bad, considering. picture was crummy and the audio would pitch shift occasionally, but the vocals came through great.
it was great seeing you guys play again and hearing sonja laugh on stage. brought back the memories.
rock!
i mean sonIa.
rock!
What tom o said.
Currently listening: Magnamberons
Emotion: wistful
Made me wish I was there! Good job guys.
Post a Comment