Efil Nikkuf Ecin
Here's another terrorist attack committed by an American on more Americans: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/anthrax_scientist_13
Add that to the Virginia Tech murders, the NIU murders, other school and church murders, Tim McVey, the Brown's Chicken murderers, and gangs in general, and you have terrorism right here in the good 'ol USA. Just because it's not Muslim extremists doesn't mean it's not terrorism. Also, the argument of "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here" is pretty much out the window on a day like this. We're fighting them here, too. And "them" does not refer to any particular religious group; I'm talking about terrorists.
I am a Christian. Not an extremist, just a regular, church-going Christian. I hear about suicide bombings in the Middle East and wonder how someone could be so wrapped up in proving their faith that they would blow themselves up and take others with them. Then, I imagine some non-extremist, average Muslim is probably sitting at a desk job in Dubai wondering how Americans can bomb medical clinics or churches or colleges in the name of their religion (or in the name of nothing at all).
Anyhow, the government was going to seek the death penalty and they got it with this anthrax guy. No tribunal necessary.


3 comments:
So ... do you think he was guilty?
And what would have been his motive?
Not sure it was this guy, but someone sent it. And really, it doesn't matter if it was a Muslim extremist or a native Virginian. That's my point, I guess.
Motivation? No way of knowing. I could guess that he was making a point about the nature of his research in a way that would force the press and the American public to take it seriously. Typically, there's some absolute breech in logic when you hear about acts of terrorism. Collateral damage is one such thing. I don't believe God condones collateral damage any more than any other murder. Especially for the aggressor.
I hope we will see some disclosure from the Justice Dept (who really stepped it up in their pursuit of this guy)...the public needs to know or feel as if the know that they got the right guy
Post a Comment