Monday, August 18, 2008

Benefits of Bi-Soxuality

I don't think I'm a Cubs or Sox fan exclusively. If they met in the World Series, I'd have a hard time picking sides, although I suppose I'd be pulling for the Cubs to end the friggin curse talk. On the other hand, I believe a Cubs championship would mark the apocalypse, and considering the extreme weather and the unrest in the Middle East, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

But, the Sox already got one, so I guess I'd still pull for the Cubs (end times notwithstanding) if for no other reason than to end the curse talk. While the regular season is still in play, though, this is a great time to have no exclusive affiliation. I can unabashedly cheer for two excellent teams and there's great baseball nearly every day.

Also, instead of trying to get AM reception inside my office building, I plunked down the $14.95 (total) for the audio feeds for every MLB game (MLB.com). Along with the top-tier baseball teams, we have some of the best announcers ever. I've learned a ton listening to Stone and Farmer call Sox games, and Santo is pretty amusing alongside the excellent call of Pat Hughes.

I don't want to talk about the Bears.

3 comments:

bigsoda 8:25 PM  

So, what does half a mullet look like? How do you keep half a shirt on? And, do you use your cell phone just to call someone and complain about how you're always on your cell phone at the games? I think if they meet in October, you're obliged to beat the shut out of yourself - or at least throw yourself to the Kishwaukee Gator (you'll probably lose a toe).

bigsoda 8:54 PM  

For the record, my phone changed "shit" to "shut."

Chris B. 5:31 AM  

See, this only proves that the Cubs fans of today are the Sox fans that got kicked out of U.S. Comiskular years ago.

Also, were you at the game typing this?

Also, half a mullet looks just like a regular mullet, a "half-shirt", and I think the Kish Gator is a myth. (They did find bigfoot in Georgia, though, then the Russians fucked it up.)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP