Friday, August 08, 2008

"I'm not a traitor, it's just business."

I find this statement by Brett Favre offensive on a few levels. First, "business" does not preclude civility. Second, business got you paid for doing your job for many years when you could have been cut. Your fans and popularity got you through some pretty lean years, dude. But, "business" means more than that, I suppose. Jerk.

3 comments:

bigsoda,  11:42 AM  

Wow, Dude... You act like he pissed on your dog. The fact is, the guy loves to play football. It was pretty clear the Pack was moving in the direction of Aaron Rogers for a while and they viewed Favre as a stop-gap (which they could do because the fans loved him). Hi lean years were mostly because his offensive line sucked and there wasn't much of a running game to speak of. Last year, he led the team to the NFC title game. I think with Mangini's crazy play-calling and Favre's crazy play-playing, the Jets have the best backup QB in the league. Oh, yeah... Don't forget the Jets have Thomas Jones, too. They should be a fun team to watch.

Chris B.,  11:56 AM  

If he just wanted to be traded, he had enough clout to do that without throwing the franchise that put him on the map (and kept him there) under the bus. And for all that fan loyalty, he pisses on every single one of their dogs after a storybook ending last season. Couldn't have been any more emotional and tidy - now it's ugly.

I also give him six games before he's burned out. One game to give the Jets hope, one game for a reality check, then four more where the NY fans/media eat him alive. He's in a town where he's a star - not the star now. (Unless he takes them to the superbowl.)

Moderator,  12:12 PM  

Just glad he's out of the NFC.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP