More Fun With Politics
We finally saw the Dark Knight at the IMAX last night. It was great, and I'd go as far as to call it stressful on that giant screen with that killer sound system. It's 2.5 hours of thrill ride. When we got home, I checked e-mail and headlines and read this about a Clinton supporter:
"I don't care what she says," said Mary Boergers, a Maryland delegate who wants to cast a vote for Clinton.
Wha? So, Clinton's messages about changing the country are enough to earn your eternal support, but her message that her run is over falls on deaf ears? Clearly, Clinton has lost her mind suddenly, right?
I really don't care if a candidate is black, white, woman, man, gay, fraternal twin, diabetic, divorced, broke, rich, or whatever. I just want the best representative for the United States at the helm. I would like someone that knows a little something about the rest of the world, holds our country in the highest regard, and will work for the majority of the people - not the 1% who own the money.
Both Clinton and McCain ran the same old campaigns with big money from big companies (and you can count McCain's wife as a rich supporter). Obama started proving who he was appealing to by garnering support and votes from the people, not the corporations. Obama has run a positive, straightforward campaign with progressive strategies (going to the people for support!) and contemporary tactics (YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
I just have a hard time thinking that Hillary should have won because she's a woman. Based on that logic, Obama is still my candidate, because he's the least rich of the candidates. I wonder which one of the candidates is familiar with more than one PC operating system. That's right, I'm voting NERD in 2008. It's our time.
Update: I think Biden is a closet OutKast fan. It would explain some of his controversial statements from last year.


0 comments:
Post a Comment