Radiohead Live
Turns out it was true. With very little advertising, Radiohead webcast their final show of this U.S. tour from Santa Barbara live and for free. There was no official mention of it anywhere except a blog post on their site earlier in the day that suggested upgrading media players - just in case. Sure enough, a new blog post popped up just before 10:00 (CST) which led to www.radiohead.tv where there was a single feed to the show.
I've never seen Radiohead live, but they are one of my favorite bands. I have to say, they more than exceeded any expectations I would have had. They didn't do 100% reproductions of the studio sound, but it wasn't lacking anything. The songs are really, really good and can stand up to interpretation of all sorts.
The show covered all of In Rainbows, plus they did a bunch of older stuff. The entire set went nearly two hours, with only a few minutes of break before an encore. Great musicians, great songs, cool visuals (cameras set up from multiple angles) and I had the laptop connected to the television and stereo.
I got it all in - dog walk, TF2 match, historic Obama speech, free Radiohead concert. Did I mention there was cake yesterday, too?


0 comments:
Post a Comment