Soap Opera for Men
You've undoubtedly heard about Brett Favre and his un-retirement by now, football fan or not. I've always respected him as a football player, and from news reports, he's a pretty solid family man, too. When he finally made up his mind to retire officially last year, then signed off on it, I thought he had cemented his legend status.
Now, it sounds like he is whining about how he was treated in Green Bay for the past few years. As filtered through the media, his side is that he was all but coerced into retiring over the past few years. By going to the Jets, he's essentially made it all about him. He's stabbed tons of cheeseheads right in the back. I'm no Packers fan, but this is just sad.
I predict six to eight games for Favre before he closes up shop for the season. Hopefully, that's the final end to it. The damage is already done either way.


0 comments:
Post a Comment