Friday, May 25, 2007

A Ray of Light

I don't know, maybe I'm delusional, but I could get excited about the Bears again this year. Despite the loss of Thomas Jones and tribulations of Tank and Lance, there are some significant improvements. Consider that Grossman has a full season under his belt. He played with some minor injuries (one caused his thumb to go numb) and while he might have lost some momentum by the end, he did some amazing stuff earlier on in the season.

Grossman was named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for September, set a franchise record by registering at least a 100 passer rating in seven games and threw 10 TD passes in leading the Bears to a 5-0 record for the first time since 1986.


Now, factor in Mike Brown who claims to be 100% recovered from the foot injury he sustained last October (after returning a fumble recovery for a TD), Adam Archuleta who did his best work for Lovie Smith in the past, a TE that appears to be the real deal, Benson and two legit backup RBs, and Mark Bradley - who could be the best receiver on the team if he could only stay healthy.

Conditioning will be a big deal this year. I thought the defense was shot by the end of the season - injuries aside, they just looked listless. No pressure. Far from the juggernaut reputation they built for themselves the previous two years. With Brown covering the long ball and Archuleta able to press the line, there's another whole dimension available in the coming season.

Last year, I was excited and there was good reason. I hope I'm not becoming blind and creating hope where there really is none. A lot has changed in a year. I wonder if a huge infusion of cash to Briggs, A. Brown, and the rest of the whiners would make a difference.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP