Frontline
PBS has re-established itself as a solid source for news largely on the back of the Frontline series. The programs I've seen have been enlightening and eye-opening, yet they seem balanced (not too political). I've put up concerns of a national ID and the limitations of the technology (RFID) that's slated to be used. Here's an entire 60 minutes on how our civil liberties have been and are still being thwarted in the name of "homeland security".
Cooperation from large corporations like AT&T (back on a quest to rule the world itself) in logging phone records and customer data trying to find the "bad guys" sounds like a bigger problem than terrorism to me.
On a separate note, I saw Geraldo Rivera debating Glen Beck on Good Morning America this morning and found myself backing Geraldo 100% on his opinion of immigration reform. Beck is still in favor of a fence as the solution to "stop the bleeding" of illegal immigrants. Beck is the guy who got his tea dumped into the harbor, I'm guessing. Beck sounds like the guy that is afraid of communists, er... terrorists infiltrating the country through Mexico. Meanwhile, Geraldo made perfect, logical sense to me. The world has gone mad.


3 comments:
You would look great with a Geraldo-esque 'stache.
If you like Frontline, you'll probably also like NOW. Check your local listings.
I missed the "Good Morning America" debate. But Glen Beck is a moron. But so is Geraldo. I think the only winners of such a debate would be the highly entertained viewing audience.
Post a Comment