I Had a Thought
But it disappeared on my commute. I blame it somewhat on a lack of sleep but it's happened before. I come up with a theory that could either explain or illuminate a human condition and it seems fairly revolutionary. Then I think about something like whether there will be donuts at work this morning and lose the first thought completely.
So, instead of solving world problems, here's a list of stuff I like/use:
1. SomaFM - listen while it's still around. They broadcast indie pop rock and other sub-genre music with a great playlist and no commercials. Another option is Last.FM which I have not spent a lot of time with, but I guess it's more controlled by your individual taste in music than a programmer/DJ. Both are cool.
2. YouTube - if you check out this blog, you know I love it. Here's my account where you can find my videos and favorite videos.
3. Flickr - click any of the little thumbnails in the right column (over there -->) to check out my photos and make comments on them.
4. Bloglines - if you check more than three blogs or news sources, this web-based tool allows you to see them all on one page. The names of the blogs are listed on the left. Click one and you'll see the format-free content to the right. I have all of my friends' blogs, Yahoo Sports, Woot, three NPR shows, Boing Boing, and a bunch of other stuff in my list. It's easy to set up and doubles as a podcast client to boot. If you haven't checked this out yet, I highly recommend it!
Anybody have any requests or recommendations for other tools?


3 comments:
I'm a diehard NetVibes guy (http://www.netvibes.com). You can have all of your news on one tab, your friend's blogs on another, your del.icio.us links and the weather on yet another... It's a great way to aggregate all your web content.
netvibes is incredible. I don't know if I could handle all my useless information being that organized
I like the idea of netvibes but I confess that I don't have the patience to set it up to my liking. It's a little overwhelming at first. I'm sure I put time into Bloglines at some point but I'm blocking that memory.
Post a Comment