Friday, May 18, 2007

Da Bears (For Ol' Spilly Shirt)

I am still optimistic about the 2007 campaign even though I agree with pretty much everything you said. The big blow, and I think you agree, is Alex Brown. The guy you look to for inspiration wants to leave the team. I know there's a protocol that players' agents follow to get their clients the biggest possible contract, AND I know the Bears are notoriously cheap. However, at some point I'd like to see pride in the game and pride in a job well done return to the NFL.

All that said, I agree that the defense is taking a big hit. I do take issue with the assessment of Archuleta - if Brown is good, we've got a lot of coverage all of a sudden - blitzing and/or long ball. Plus, there's ancillary benefit in having an extra veteran safety in that if Brown goes down, it's not a bunch of headless chickens getting burned. If he can't make the play, he'll undoubtedly know who can and where they should be in any given scheme. Plus, he played for Lovie before and thrived.

After the super bowl, the three things I thought we needed were another quality receiver, a new safety, and a whole new offensive line. We got 2 out of 3. I think we have a lot of components and Lovie has a pretty sterling track record. If the contract hasn't corrupted him, I expect we'll easily clear out the North and at least make a run at the NFC once again.

What do you guys think about Cedric Benson? How about our hometown hero?

3 comments:

Moderator 9:44 AM  

I think Cedric might be the real deal. Might be.

P-Dizzle 1:17 PM  

Was it bad form for us to be drunk at your rock show?

Chris B. 4:50 PM  

The jury is out on Benson.

As for being drunk at a rock show - it's practically required. Plus, the fact that you were drunk at our rock show at a coffee house speaks volumes. Good work!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP