DeKalb, Chronicled

For those of you in or around DeKalb (center of the known universe) roughly 15 years ago, you might remember John Porcellino as a singer, guitarist, songwriter, comic creator, artist, or just generally cool dude. He was always one of my favorite people and provided one of my favorite musical experiences (recording a couple of tracks with one of his bands). He even helped me to get the job I eventually kept for six years while extending my post-college "wilding".
Anyhow, John is still making comics and there's a new anthology of his first eight years of King Cat out now. I highly recommend checking it out. You can get it right here.
Also, there's a nice interview with John in the Onion's A.V. Club: http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/john_porcellino
Anybody have any JP stories they'd like to tell?


3 comments:
i saw him at last years alternative press expo in sf. i never knew him but told him i worked at CC right after he left.
we now share an intimate bond.
And you met in San Francisco. Hmm.
I bought the collection and I've been loving it.pyramid1
Post a Comment