More Cool Tools
This is a potential solution to my private file-sharing dilemma. I want to be able to put up songs and such to a limited group of people for their perusal but I don't want to use e-mail and essentially force a download. I'm also wary of FTP options because of security and the fact that the other party (or parties) have to be connected and online at the same time. Tubes is a solution that allows multiple people to securely add files to a network share where everyone else (on the approved list) can download them whenever they want. 2 GB is enough space to hold songs at a time (not entire music collections) but it's a start. It's not a truck.
Tubes NOW!


4 comments:
Help --where's Prairie Dawg?
He'll be with me on this, he will!
PD, Chrisb is talking about "FTP" files and he's getting all techy-tech with his speech and I don't like it and I don't like it at all.
PD, you didn't even have an Ipod last I knew -- just that HUGE amp. I'm sorry I broke the ranks and bought Lil Zen Nano but please help me with ChrisB -- I'm afraid of techy-talk.
Relax - it meant nothing. (Well, File Transfer Protocol, actually, or Far Too Painful.)
Don't be afraid. In a nutshell, this program would allow you, me, and PD (and anyone else willing to play along) to send music files - not to each other directly - but to a secure, shared online directory (like a private Napster) for download by everyone else (in the group) whenever.
FTR (for the record), PD can't help you. I'm in acronym hell and I'm bringing everyone with me.
Don't fear the blippity blippity kim. But this Tubes thing - this wasn't invented by the Senator from Alaska who called the internet a series of tubes...because we all know it's really runny pasta
The tag line for the "Tubes" web site is actually "It's Not a Truck". They named the program "Tubes" in homage. Good stuff!
Post a Comment