Monday, January 22, 2007

Bears.

Yesterday was sweet. I met our old neighbors at Walter Payton's Roundhouse for the game and it was packed. We were lucky enough to score seats at the bar just before the crush of people arrived. Jarrett Payton was in the other (bigger) room as the host and they gave away three LCD tvs. They had Walter Payton Pilsner (made on site) on sale for $2.50/glass. On top of it all, the Bears totally shut down the Saints. Decisively.

I think part of the reason the Bears have been overlooked all season is that their defense is totally stifling but they appear to give up plays. That's by design, folks. I guess I'm sick of hearing the phrase "bend but don't break" but that's pretty accurate. More importantly, they have the potential to be the best defense in the league on any given Sunday. A lot of people point to the safety as the turning point of the game, but the Saints came back a bit after that. I think the turning point was Reggie Bush pointing to Urlacher (he HATES that), flipping into the end zone, then doing a little dance. What an idiot. Those were the last points his team would get.

We have a complete team. Do an end zone dance and point out one guy and the rest will swarm in around him and make you pay - just like during a strip or fumble. I'm still surprised that nobody recognizes Thomas Jones as the high-quality back he is. I was so happy to see Cedric Benson pound the Saints defense play after play then Jones coming in was fresh and effective. This will be the key vs. the Colts. Pound them. One-two punch. Bears football.

Finally, I know "Bears weather" is a crock of shit, but practicing outside was the only logical choice this past week. The Saints practiced indoors for some reason and I think that worked against them. The other issue here is that I saw the Patriots suffer in a dome due to the heat. This could be a slight advantage for the Colts in Miami. We shall see...

3 comments:

edP 8:49 PM  

This was one of the few times where Bear weather actually paid off...because the weather exacerbated the shitty field. Although that son of a bitch Reggie Bush made one of the greatest runs on a sloppy track since the days when...uh, everyone had to run on a sloppy track.

If I wasn't so pissed at the time I would've applauded or something.

tom o 10:43 AM  

Bush's run was amazing up until he decided to:

a. taunt urlacher.
b. flip into the endzone.
c. do a little dance.

I liked how on the chicagotribune.com MVP of the game poll they listed Bush.

Chris B. 10:57 AM  

This is great: "I told Reggie that was unprofessional of him to do that." Ogunleye said. "I think he's going to be a hell of a player in this league. But for him to point back and taunt, that was no class. … I swear, I was a second away from punching him."

Because punching him would have been classy and professional. He's just pissed that he lost a beauty pageant to Brad Maynard.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP