Thursday, November 02, 2006

We Welcome the Challenge

One of the effects of a soft season that I think the fans share with the players is the desire to mix it up with the other "names" in the league. While it is fun to watch the Bears offense dismantle weak defenses and actually put points on the board, it would be nice to see it against a formidable defense. It would shut up the pundits as well.

On the plus side, the players are mostly healthy and the second string has gotten real game time which helps for depth. On the minus side, without a lot of challenge, there's the risk of complacency. Both of the near misses this season were followed with decisive and brutal blowout games. Also, they look like a different team on the road.

Miami is coming up and, despite some half-assed trash talking by the Dolphins, I almost wish we could skip to the good stuff - the Giants game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to wish my life away and I do look forward to this massacre, but this game will not be as interesting as the Giants game.

If the Bears fell the Giants, I can't imagine they'd let the Jets or New England off the hook. Hell, we might as well crown their asses if they beat the Giants. We know who they are.

9 comments:

edP 6:49 PM  

Silvy and Carmen just read my Olin Kreutz e-mail. The question: How will OK be celebrating his new contract?

My answer: He'll be going out with a coupla dumbbells. Fred Miller will not be attending.

tom o 9:13 AM  

i agree. i want the good teams. i want to see brady against this defense. i actually think he will pick apart the secondary.

edP 10:47 AM  

Miami is potentially a good team that is playing like shit this year. Maybe these dorks were the product of pre-season hype but I think Sunday, if the Bears beat the hell out of the Dolphins - that means more than beating the 49ers, Pack or the Cards.

Chris B. 11:00 AM  

Plus, all those pricks from '72 can bite it if we win. Can you imagine? We'd have shook the Monday night curse and the Dolphins curse from '85 in two different games. You're right - it is a meaningful win. Plus, those bastards got Marty Booker. Give us back our Booker!!!

Moderator 2:25 PM  

Well Seattle was a good team, although they are significantly better with Shaun Alexander.

Anonymous,  1:04 PM  

Fucking fish!
That's it - add Miami to the jihad list.

edP 6:17 AM  

I don't ever want to see Ronnie Brown again (if that is his real name)

Chris B. 10:51 AM  

The shirt is in the wash.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP