Monday, November 13, 2006

Rising From the Ashes

Eight and one. Grossman threw off his back foot one time for an interception and that seemed like the end of the insanity. The offensive line bucked up and allowed him to see the field by the end of the second quarter. When that happens, Grossman, Muhammad, Bradley, Davis and T. Jones all look great.

Plaxico (?) saying some shit about our CBs in man coverage got his mouth shut the hard way. Good stuff. Tillman is like the Bears in general, if he's off, he's all the way off. If he's on, he makes great plays. He was on against Plastico and beat him all day in one-on-one coverage.

Also, nice to see R.W. McQuarters and his pretty hair. I'm sure that helps with football. Oh yeah, he still sucks. And what's the big deal about Shockey? He talks an awful lot to no avail.

Long and short - the Bears seem like a highly emotional team. When they're complacent, they're all complacent. When someone breaks a play (like Jones did before the half), everyone feeds off of that. It's interesting that all the opposing teams mention that the Bears are "beatable" - which implies that they appear to be unbeatable in general. When they've gotten a handle on a game - even a difficult one - I contend that they are unbeatable.

UPDATE: I just looked at the title of this post and wanted to make sure it was clear that I was being sarcastic. The Bears are rising from the ashes of a 7 and 1 season thus far. Get it? We might as well crown their asses.

Also, what was Carmela Soprano doing on the sideline during the game? (She doesn't seem to provide much insight - at least she could have found out who the kid was that Muhammad brought out from the locker room.)

2 comments:

Anonymous,  11:57 AM  

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bearss

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP