Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Better Living Through Tech

I've mentioned it here before but I think it's worth mentioning again - I really like Lifehacker. It's a blog that focuses on ways to utilize technology to make every day tasks easier to manage. What I appreciate is the wide range of topics they cover.

There was an entry in September which was a compilation of best practices from the previous year's posts. I have added the feed to Bloglines and I now learn something new/useful every day.

Also, I've heard that Google's Reader is a little nicer than Bloglines. I'd be interested to find out what aggregator you're using (if any). I can't say enough good things about Bloglines, though. Instead of clicking into all the different blogs I follow, opening a new program to listen to podcasts, or visiting different sites to view my friends' photos, I can do it all from Blogines.

6 comments:

jjwiseman 1:52 PM  

I use NetNewsWire on the Mac. You're right, using some sort of reader is indispensable.

bigsoda 1:59 PM  

I use netvibes to aggregate blogs, feeds, my google calendar, flickr, etc. I'm a big fan.

bigsoda 1:59 PM  

I use netvibes to aggregate blogs, feeds, my google calendar, flickr, etc. I'm a big fan.

Chris B. 7:18 AM  

Head on - apply directly to the forehead.

Chris B. 7:18 AM  

Head on - apply directly to the forehead.

Chris B. 7:18 AM  

Head on - apply directly to the forehead.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP