Football Sucks
First things first - why a third long pass to the same guy that had already picked off two other errant passes? This was the back-breaker pass versus Minnesota earlier in the season and could have put them in good shape last night -- if they had any other passing game working last night. Considering the rest of the game, I'd have passed toward the sidelines or given Thomas Jones a chance at it. Hell, I'd have gone for the touchdown instead of the field goal during the prior series.
FYI - Urlacher didn't plaster Brady because he figured Brady would slide. Penalties for hitting the quarterback have changed the game. (Also, he might have gotten burned a little.) And, what's with the NFL waiting until the biggest game of the season for the Bears to punish Ricky Manning Jr.?
I was pissed that they made Gould kick that field goal a second time. The line jumped offsides to cause that, then didn't block enough to keep that hand from sucking the life out of his second attempt. What a lousy way to end his streak. On the flipside, the Patriots missed a field goal just as Lovie called a timeout. In summary, we kick one, make it, then have to do it again and miss. They kick one, miss it, then have to do it again and make it. Each of those were due to mental lapses on our part.
I don't understand why we don't mix up our offense and defense a little more. Would it totally derail Grossman if Griese filled in for a quarter? Wouldn't it totally confuse a defense if we kept bringing a different QB out each series? Could we bring in a white-hot Mark Anderson a little earlier in the game if the starting defense isn't getting to the QB? (That guy is angry!!)
One more thing - the Junior Seau arm break was the most disgusting thing I've seen on tv to date. How the hell did he walk off the field on his own?


8 comments:
Absolutely! why the grand pass with plenty of time left for a solid drive, on a day when Rex's throws were sucking, and on 1st down no less??!! The game was theirs to win. Baffling.
People are griping about the field goal at 4th and 6. Big deal: that was a vote of confidence in the defense--and the defense delivered!
I wasn't sure why Brady was able to make a sandwich with all the time he had to pass. Where'd the pass rush go? Brady was playing like a mere mortal, but you can't let a guy like that breathe!
I'm a Rex defender, but I'm afraid What We See Is What We Got with Grossman. "Pressure" be damned. He may get smarter, but I don't know that he'll get better. He's going to have great days and poor days. They have got to call plays to reflect that.
The defense doesn't need a vote of confidence - the offense does. I contend that if they convert that (realizing that it's a big "if"), they win this contest.
Or Brady marches another one right down the field.
re: Seau walking off the field after that?
Here's your answer. He's a football player and we aren't.
Bastard broke his arm, it's already half in some sort of contraption that hurts as much as it helps, he knows his career is over - his life as he knew it for 15 years is over
and he's got a fucked up arm to show for it
and he smiled and waved to the crowd with the non broken arm.
I've got a kid in my class on the team and after they played a Tuesday night game (fucking university, whores that they are)...
this kid came to class on Wed wearing these dorky ass glasses and fighting to keep his head up - not because he was sleepy but his neck was sore.
Anyone who has pussied out of class because of a hangover (ME) could take one look at this kid who looked as if he'd been through a minor car wreck (esp at the point in the season where this happened) and think - he's got guts and somehow he has a higher threshhold for pain than I do
I'm not sure the offense deserved a vote of confidence. The field goal was for the win instead of a tie. That's not that bad a call. The bad call was big pass right to the guy who was picking them off. On first down with plenty of time!
Whatever...if the Bears coaches have proved anything it's that they know better than we do. It's not like the Jauron days, when we knew better than he did.
What Grossman needs to do is just not turn the ball over, and the coaches shouldn't keep trying to force the issue with him. Otherwise they just might have to treat him like a pitcher and send in relief.
Orton!
Two of the picks are on Berrian (and not because he sucks or anything) he is hurt...he should be able to outrun Assante(*sp) Samuels or make a tighter turn but w/ sore ribs or whatever I think it affects him
Considering that Orton did about the same last year, why the hell not give him a few reps. I almost think he did a better job of not losing a game than Grossman has done in his bad games. When the run was the only choice, we got points on the board.
The scary thing is if Grossman whiffs this weekend and they bring out Griese and he's only mediocre - then we're really screwed.
They will not pull Grossman.
If his head falls off, they will pull him.
Post a Comment