Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Crap Cleaner

I forgot where I found this but it's a free utility that does a better job than Windows Disk Cleanup for unloading the crap that different programs leave on your system. It scans your system (quickly) to find temp files, cached files, etc. and you can select what stuff it cleans and what can stay. The first time out, I was startled by how much crap was on this very laptop. I'd like to think I'm more conscientious than to leave that much junk lingering, but there it was. Now it's gone, thanks to CCLEANER

4 comments:

Moderator 2:52 PM  

Can it, you know, find stuff?

Chris B. 5:15 PM  

I'm afraid to ask... like what?

Chris B. 5:16 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  9:25 AM  

I've installed this program on all 3 of my computers - It's whippin' the gorilla's ass (to paraphrase Westley Willis).

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP