Packer Fan or Enemy Combatant?
Some guy in Wisconsin was sending messages to a friend to create the most terrifying scenario via some social networking site. The FBI caught wind of his - which included dirty bombs and packed football stadiums on a specific date.
It's been determined that this was nothing but a ruse between two idiots. However, couldn't this have qualified said idiots as "enemy combatants"? Couldn't they have tortured him in some secret location? I'd suggest forcing them to watch a Bears game at Bud's Sports in St. Charles. Or Guantanamo.
Besides the obvious conclusion that idiots will be idiots, other issues arise from this episode. Online personas are way braver than their real-life counterparts. I doubt the same discussion of bombs and destruction would have occurred in a Starbucks. Also, did someone tip the feds or is big brother already in place? Yeesh.


4 comments:
In my book, Packers fans are enemy combatants.
I say we ship the whole lot off to Gitmo and feast on the cheese-curd spoils of democracy.
Hey! I watch the bears games at Bud's Sports in St. Charles. My kids like it. Maybe we'll go somewhere else if there are terrorists there.
We've been to Bud's a few times. We saw the Keith Traylor run back there, in fact. They turned off all the lights and hit the sirens - it was hilarious - and it seemed to last forever.
I've got a dirty bomb for you, mister. Just wait until next practice.
Post a Comment