Ok, I Can't Help It
I've always been excited about Rex Grossman. I was down on him when he was out for yet another entire season last year and we didn't have anyone (or so it seemed) to pick up his slack. It wasn't that I thought he wouldn't eventually be good for the team, but before I knew that Bears management would add genuine depth to the QB position, I wouldn't have criticized them for trading him for more of a sure thing.
Truth is, I had no idea how much of the Rex hype was legitimate and how much was hopeful. He looked pretty good in the playoff game last year and did exactly what he said he would do in that game. Plus, how many times have we almost had a QB we could rely on? I really liked Jim Miller and thought he might be able to lead us to greatness before the drug thing, then an injury. Cade McNown - ugh, I'll say no more.
Anyhow, from the playoffs on, I've been behind him. I was NOT calling for Greise to start this season - even after the mediocre pre-season. My greatest hope is that Rex can stay healthy all season because I haven't been this excited about a season since... last season, just before he went out with the injury.
And how about Lovie Smith? He also has done what he said he'd do. He's moved the Chicago Bears into the national spotlight as a premier team in this league and he's clobbered the Packers. The defense keeps punishing opponents and doing what they've been doing for a few years. It makes watching games fun again.
Bears!


1 comments:
I thought those brief looks we got at him last year were better than the long looks we had gotten at every quarterback for the last ten years, and that was enough for me. I had no idea he'd be this on. So I was definitely in your corner and I never give a fluck about pre-season b.s. anyway.
Bearss!!
Post a Comment