Monday, October 09, 2006

Remember Nintendo?

I grew up with an Atari 2600 and felt pretty spoiled to have one since my classmates typically did not. The next wave of game console was the original Nintendo NES. Despite not having one, I logged a LOT of time on the Nintendo NES and Super NES systems. I just discovered a killer Web site with an emulator that runs all of the old Nintendo games right there online. Awesome. Super Mario Brothers through Zelda and the rest are available right now RIGHT HERE!

Enjoy it before some lawyer squashes it.

7 comments:

tom o 12:24 PM  

i'm thinking of getting the new Wii nintendo system. http://wii.nintendo.com/

i guess i'll eventually get either a PS3 or 360 (the newer 360's look to be taking care of the overheating problem) but the Wii is cheap and looks like it could be fun.

that's what i like - cheap and fun.

Chris B. 2:44 PM  

PS2 = cheap and fun.
I don't think I'll be upgrading until a later generation, really. My computer does a good job with games and I have lots of PS2 games already.

Check out XIII if you have a PS2.

Chris B. 2:45 PM  

P.s. - the Wii looks Gaa. ;)

tom o 8:39 PM  

i'm kind of intrigued by the gaaness of the wii.

Kim 3:25 AM  

Lady Di wrote you a Birthday Post on her bloggy.
I Commented with a birthday song.
It pretty much rocks and I think you should cover it in Big Draggy.

Moderator 10:45 AM  

Happy belated birthday. I was an Intellivision kid. But I'm done upgrading video games until the kids start asking for them. Which should be any day now.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP