It's the Sound a Turd Makes
Quite a few years ago, I was part of a musical group/experiment called Ploop. On occasion, people approach me and recollect memories of bands I was in before or after (or during) my time in Ploop but never of this band itself. The possibility is that the songs were such inside jokes to us that nobody got that we were just playing around.
I always thought Ploop was a killer band. Our achilles heel was our collective affinity for loafing. While it paid dividends in naming songs (and the band, for that matter), it did not get us new gigs or label interest that might have kept the band together.
Regardless, in the time we were together, we created multiple videos, we ruled at Sega '93 NHLPA Hockey, were the house band at Otto's for much of one summer, held a parade, ran for president, played a show with Alex's bass parts played via "satellite" (pre-recorded VHS tape run through the monitors and P.A.), and developed such song titles as:
Lee Van Cleef is the Bad
Slapfight With Monkey Boy
Macro Tabby Neuter
Italian Restaurant
I Wish a Comet Would Fall on All the People I Hate
Do you remember Ploop?


14 comments:
Aye. And I remember "Ploop Dreams" being filmed, and watching it on the big Otto's screen. You guys were so multimedia its not even funny.
you fucks still owe me a sleepover...
i knocked ya asses off one by one some weeks later. remember?
I do.
Do you still have The Video?
Santi - you might still be owed a sleepover but I believe the statute of limitations has run out on that. And no - I don't remember anyone EVER beating us.
I think Tom has the video. Or it's in a big box of videos in my basement (aka the abyss).
yeah, you didn't beat us, you stuffed the ballot box.
which "The Video"? i do have a video comp of:
Ploop Testimonials
Ploop for Prez
Alex live from Buffalo
i don't have "Ploop Dreams". must by in the abyss.
i'll see if i can dig it up.
oh, also on the comp is the 'Ploop Potty Training' video. Which is probably illegal in some countries.
I listed Ploop on my top favorite moments in DK rock and people posted about Ploop on that post. People remember Ploop dude. I list listed Ploot on my top DK rockreunions I'd like to see before I die.
By the way if you want others to know about Ploot all that stuff should be on You Tube. C'mon you can rebuild it - you have the technology.
Ploop - not Ploot. Sorry dude.
I have the technology but I don't have the tapes. (Well, maybe I have one of them.)
What about the future show where you were wearing the outfits of the future...or you guys looked like the sperm in some Woody Allen picture?
I hope that wasn't a dream I had once
i think that was one of the cornstock shows... the radiation suits.
there actually is a video of the whole show (i saw a clip on some comp) but have no idea how to get ahold of the master tape.
Thank God it was real and not a dream
Post a Comment