Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Boo Ya!

Well Bears fans, savor it while it's here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

I know it means very little, but it was fun to watch the whole world (myself included to some degree) underestimate this team, then own up to their awesomeness. Based on the past few weeks, I'm only really concerned about the Ravens and now New England as they've reminded everyone that they can still crush a good team any time they want.

But they haven't faced the Bears defense this year and I'd like to point out that the Bears trounced a similarly stacked NE team roughly 21 years ago for a Superbowl win. If history can repeat itself in politics, why not in sports as well?

6 comments:

DC Liar 9:44 AM  

Bears got the Sports Illustrated #1 Ranking also.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/10/04/ranks.week4/index.html

DC Liar 2:36 PM  

Okay, that link sucks. I'm gonna try out my html skillz:
This SHOULD link to the SI rankings.

P-Dizzle 8:05 AM  

Just seeing them over the ubiquitous Colts brings a tear to my pants.

RESPECK!

edP 4:57 PM  

What is the obsession with these pro Football power ratings? Is this the NCAA or some league sponsored by the producers of a vaginal cream? This is the NFL baby - the power ratings are measured by the bodies laying on the field.

I don't remember you underestimating the Bears ChrisB - I remember you being so geeked up you got Da Dish. You had the fever for the stuff when I was still wondering if the SOX could afford to keep putting Oak Lawn naitive Rob Makowiak (close probably) in center field.

The answer is a resounding NO FUCKING NO!!!

NO!

But man are the Bears fun to watch. This is really unreal. When the crappy play in general of the NFL and the overemphasis on these stupid storylines had made me grow tired of ingesting much of (what had been my favorite sport for about ten years) - lo and behold Jerry Angelo turns out not to be Jerry Angel-Lose...he and Lovee field a great team playing the right schemes in all three facets of the game and the result (so far) has been carnage.

Can I get an amen?!?!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP