Friday, October 13, 2006

Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me

I never thought I'd be touting a show on NPR but I've been listening semi-religiously to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me on Saturday mornings. It's a pseudo quiz show revolving around current events with a panel of clever guests each week.

During one quiz, it was revealed that the money the government has spent on anti-drug advertising has actually created a rise in the number of drug users (in essence creating an awareness of drug use) instead of the desired effect. Tom Bodett ("We'll leave a light on for you") mused that if the war on drugs was creating more drug users and the war on terror was creating a new breed of terrorists, they ought to create a war on some endangered species of woodpecker or the white rhino or something. Good stuff.

If I don't catch it on it's normal time, they have a podcast which I now have queued up in Bloglines (which not only shows a summary of each show but also streams/plays the podcasts without extra software). It's all free of charge and easily navigated, for the record.

1 comments:

Moderator 3:20 PM  

I'm a sometimes regular listener of "Whaddya Know?"

Not much.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP