Monday, October 02, 2006

Put Your Sack On Hasselbeck

We were watching the Bears tear apart the Seahawks with our old neighbors last night when NBC flashed to the crowd and showed a hand-printed sign that said "Put your sack on Hasselbeck". I was the only one that noticed it and, as is my way, I pointed it out to everyone. Nobody believed me when I recited exactly what was on the sign because it's a reference to a relatively lascivious act. They were sure that I misread the sign and it really said "Put a sack on Hasselbeck" or something. Then they showed the sign AGAIN!!

No doubt about it this time. I love Chicago.

No need to gloat about that game - I'm sure we'll hear about how Shaun Alexander would have made it a different game, blah, blah, blah. The Bears owned all aspects of the contest. I think I'm feeling like the White Sox fans did last year where it's fantastic and surreal at the same time. We've gone from having profound problems to being one of the most complete teams in the league under Lovie Smith. I'm still waiting for the collapse in the back of my mind, but they've beaten three of their first four opponents by more than 25 points. Great googly moogly.

NBC sucks at covering football, though. They pulled the announcer team from ABC in the MNF fire sale but they must not have brought over any of the actual production crew. Miserable. I'd prefer to have the camera follow the ball and the stats to be updated correctly. I guess they did flash a sign about teabagging twice. That was fun.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP