Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Sickness

I'm sick. It's just a cold so I shouldn't whine, but it sucks being sick. There are a number of people at my office either here with a cold or out today - I'm also hearing about people with colds from all around the country. I wonder how many people have a cold today. If you read this here blog and you're sick - holler! Let's track the pandemic.

7 comments:

jjwiseman 11:54 AM  

Both Lori and I have been sick, her for the last two weeks or so and me for the last week.

It's like 75% of a cold + some flu.

From http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/311/5765/1227d?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=WHO&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&issue=5765&resourcetype=HWCIT :

The head of Google's new foundation has begun his own philanthropic Internet project. Larry Brilliant, a physician and public health advocate, wants to improve a Canada-based network that scours the Web for early signs of disease outbreaks such as bird flu

I like to think he'll be scouring myspace for reports of coughs, colds, STDs, whatever.

tom o 4:24 PM  

my sinuses have been killing me all week. but i've been sanding a lot so i think it's just that. for x-mas i made some garlic/brandy tincture and every time i feel a cold coming on i take it. best remedy i've ever had.

Kim 2:40 AM  

How weird is this? I feel like I'm getting a cold! Right before I read your post I'm outside thinking "Shit! I think I'm getting a cold!" COULD be just the woodstove, but..

edP 8:28 AM  

I think your blog is contageous

Chris B. 10:49 AM  

I thought I might have caught mine over the internet.

P-Dizzle 11:08 AM  

You guys should live healthy. Like me.

olddogdk 6:02 PM  

Quit whining! Suckee!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP