That porch was THE chillinest! That house was good times. Our porch now has a similar vibe (you can see the view behind the giraffe on my blarg). Still off the Kish, too!
Once it warms up, BBQ party. It's been too long! Giraffe included.
heh - this was mecca (years ahead of the Luxor.) It's behind the houses on John St. near the corner of College. I believe it began life as a garage, in fact.
One Spring break, I helped the landlord gut the bathroom. When we took up the floorboards, there was dirt.
P.D. - we did, indeed, refer to ourselves as the yahoots and we added a "deliveries in the rear" sign to the front door.
I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.
Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.
10 comments:
Did you know Lynn lived there when we were in college?
NO! She must have rented from the same guy. I spent three years there and had many out-of-body experiences on the little porch out back.
Jeez, I wonder if we got the place just after her? Must have been '90 or '91.
It probably would have been; she was there 87-89.
That porch was THE chillinest! That house was good times. Our porch now has a similar vibe (you can see the view behind the giraffe on my blarg). Still off the Kish, too!
Once it warms up, BBQ party. It's been too long! Giraffe included.
Your barbecue parties were the best - you always had good beer! I want to start having folks over to our place this year, too.
That looks like hot shit.
Did the house have the words "The Yahoots" on the door in wooden letters when you were there?
That was Lynn's touch.
Whoa - where is this place CHrisB???
heh - this was mecca (years ahead of the Luxor.) It's behind the houses on John St. near the corner of College. I believe it began life as a garage, in fact.
One Spring break, I helped the landlord gut the bathroom. When we took up the floorboards, there was dirt.
P.D. - we did, indeed, refer to ourselves as the yahoots and we added a "deliveries in the rear" sign to the front door.
I fucking love it. I'm going to try to convince my family to sell our house and live there.
The house is still there. I'm putting ours on the market. Any takers?
Post a Comment