Thursday, February 01, 2007

Back to the Bears

I'm already happy with the fact that the Bears got to the Super Bowl. I have a receipt from a little wager with a casino in Vegas from the beginning of the season saying they'd win it all and a square in a friendly office wager. My new perfect end to the game would be 35 to 12 - Bears win. However, having put money on the game, I'm a little concerned. I'm just not lucky.

The Bears are not lucky, either. I believe they got here by believing in themselves and the system and working really hard. They made their own luck and I hope that continues on Sunday. The bottom line to me is that we're looking at what are arguably the best offense and best defense in the league going head to head. If both play like they can, it'll be a stalemate. The real story lies in the defensive play of the Colts and the offense of the potentially explosive Bears.

I guess I don't know much about the Colts special teams but I've heard that Gould and Vinateri are the best combination of kickers in the history of the Super Bowl. I can't imagine they have an answer for Brad Maynard or Brendon Ayanbadejo or Adrian Peterson, though.

3 comments:

P-Dizzle 8:26 AM  

Special teams should be big. I'm also seeing a bunch of FGs. I'm thinking the turnover factor may be the key. The Colts can makeup for turnovers on most occassions but the Bears will make them pay for it more than anyone else could. Manning has been throwing some interceptions.

Conversely, if the Bears can play as mistake-free as they've been, they win.

But I do have a huge blindspot for the Colts--I've barely seen them play this year and have no idea what to expect from their defense.

edP 10:38 AM  

Let's hope we don't see the Colts defense that's shown up the last three weeks. That's some tough shit. Alex reminded me the Colts won an alll field goal game against the Ravens. Aren't the Bears supposed to do that kind of stuff?

Chris B. 12:22 PM  

Three FGs vs. Saints (along with three rushing and one passing TD.)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP