Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Died and Went to Genoa

My wife and I signed up at the local community college to use the gym. It has all the machines of a higher-priced "pro" workout place and it's very close to our house. Yesterday, I hit the treadmill (working on cardio) and did a solid run for 35-40 minutes. The last 10 minutes were pretty tough (I'm still overweight) and all I could think about was dinner.

Some other factors:

1. J was out for dinner already
2. J doesn't eat meat so this was a good opportunity for me to get some
3. Monday and Tuesday are "buy one get one free" pizza nights at Genoa Pizza

I was not aware of the Genoa Special until I saw the first few ingredients but that was all it took. For bonus points, I got a cheese pizza as the free one so there would be leftovers for both of us. The Genoa Special is a thin crust pizza with (stay with me now) sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, black olives, green olives, another layer of cheese (probably just to hold it all together) and - last but not least - BACON. Holy shit.

Certainly any benefit I got from running for 40 minutes went right out the window after the first few bites. I've been fantasizing about the leftovers all day. I'm actually thinking about leaving work early to get to the pizza quicker.

3 comments:

Kim,  6:52 AM  

Pizza smeetza -- a 40-minute run first time out is fucking EXCELLENT!
My stomach is growling ...

Kim,  7:47 AM  

BTW: 40 mins is excellent anytime, first run or not! More than I could do right now.

Chris B.,  12:04 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement. I have to say, other than the initial jello legs after both runs, I have zero pain. Granted, a treadmill is easier than actually plodding along on the street, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP