Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's Balmy at 27 Degrees

You know what they say - if you don't like the weather in Chicago, wait ten minutes. That's an exaggeration but it's somewhat true. We had weather into the 50s through the first week of January. When I was a kid, August was the end of the hot weather, September and October ushered in cold weather, and by Thanksgiving there was snow and ice until March.

I used to think that the calendar and weather patterns had simply shifted a bit as snow and cold arrived later into the season and lasted a little longer. Now, I have a feeling Al Gore might be onto something.

We finally got a chance to dust off the cross-country skis this weekend. We usually get a few solid weekends per year to ski, but this might have been our only opportunity. It's supposed to get up to the 40s again this week. That means we had five or six weeks of bitter cold (plenty) and very few days that weren't bitter cold or Autumn/Spring weather. There is no more normal Winter, I guess.
Driveway

It's too bad about Ron Rivera but in all fairness, he had the personnel in place and lost the playoff game in 2005, then fell flat near the end of the regular season in 2006 only to wipe out and crash in the Superbowl. Clearly, the Superbowl was a team loss and there were some key injuries, but the Indy defense was average/good and they came ready to win that game. That's the job of the D coordinator. Also, if we lose Thomas Jones in the off season, I'm not holding out for a lot of wins this year.

1 comments:

tom o 11:41 AM  

the bears should bring in singletary! although, now that the niners lost norv turner they probably don't want to lose singletary as well.

i got a sunburn yesterday from hiking up in marin.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP