Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bears

Regardless of how you feel about "Bears weather", I was excited to find out that it was raining in Miami. Further proof that while Chicago might not be "America's Team", we just might be God's team.

NFL Network has been playing retrospectives of the Bears season and when you watch it as highlights only, we look pretty damned good. Another great show on NFL Network is called NFL Replay where they show the majority of a game but condensed. They'll allow an announcer to finish his sentence but then they move ahead to the start of the next play - sometimes skipping uneventful downs. They also pepper the game with quotes from the postgame interviews to add extra context. Good stuff.

What really comes to light is the general disdain for the Bears by the national announcers and Joe Buck in particular. I admit to getting nervous a few times during the Saints game like everyone else, but I even said to the folks around me after the Bush run/TD that I didn't think that would faze the Bears. And it didn't. If anything, Bush's little dance actually lit a fire under the defense. Joe Buck was hopeful for the Saints and ambivalent about the Bears through the whole game. If there wasn't a delay difference, I'd only ever listen to Jeff Joniak and Tom Thayer on WBBM radio.

Anyhow, back to today. I'll be home (likely alone due to this cold snap) and on the edge of my seat. In reality, I think the Bears should be able to pick up the Colts defensively and I can't imagine that our offense would have nothing to offer. I hope we run Benson up the gut to punish them, then smash them in the face with Jones. I have to admit, watching Benson move safeties back in the Seahawks, then the Saints game (with another defender already dragging on him) is pretty exciting.

That's it - GO BEARS!!!

2 comments:

edP 2:45 PM  

Sorry we couldn't get together for the game. I'll be thinking about you today when the Bears score.

BEARS!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP