Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl Highlights

Against all the odds and predictions, there were two Superbowl ads that I liked. The map monster one with the GPS guy turning into an Ultraman clone was pretty good. I also liked the Robert Goulet commercial. Beyond that, nothing much to see yesterday.

We tried meatless chicken wings - not good. The regular meatless chicken nuggets are really good so this was a surprise. Also, there's a salad dressing company called Litehouse which makes some outstanding blue cheese dressing. My recommendation is to avoid their chipotle ranch. Sometimes chipotle lends itself perfectly as a flavoring but sometimes it makes no sense at all.

Like the Bears offensive play calling.

2 comments:

P-Dizzle 9:00 AM  

I don't think there was anything the Bears were going to do that would have made a difference. I think Indy was ready for them. They gambled that Grossman wouldn't be able to make a difference, and he couldn't.

This goes for our defense too. They POUNDED the Bears. That was supposed to be our strategy.

Chris B. 10:05 AM  

I agree. I thought it would be a wash between Colts offense vs. our defense but they edged us on that front. I thought the game would be decided on our running game vs. their defense - and it was. Knocking out Benson was brutal but shouldn't have been catastrophic since they hadn't relied on him all season.

Eh. I'm focusing on work today.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP