Bloc Party
New single by Bloc Party. I got one of their albums a while back (can't remember the title) and was only partially impressed. The musicianship is great, but the hooks only kind of grabbed me. Still interesting, just not mind-blowing.
This new single is pretty good and could, like later work from Radiohead, contextualize the stuff I heard before - especially if the rest of the songs are good. Dig, if you will:
Kind of reminds me of the crazy new wave videos from the earliest days of MTV. It's not far off from a slightly heavier Haircut 100. For comparison's sake:
Ok, not that similar. But kind of...


2 comments:
Hi Chrisb.
Just so you know, I've been reading but too lazy to comment.
I had a dream about you and Jennie last night: you guys were visiting and Nina was HUGE, like the size of a Mastiff, at least!
Thought you'd want to know, maybe cut down on her food?
She got to the size of a large pot-bellied pig, but we found out it was glandular and her chemical levels have been regulated. Maybe I have a thyroid problem...
Post a Comment