I Can't Help Myself
Observations at the half (vs. Detroit):
1. I don't understand how Bernard Berrian is allowed to start and Grossman gets the bench. Three or four missed passes last week, including a sure touchdown (which unquestionably would have altered the outcome of the Dallas game) and two misses today. The second one should have been a touchdown if he had any fight in him at all. He does not. Trade him.
2. Griese looks good. Grossman looked good last year. Orton was supposedly the best looking QB in the preseason. None of that makes a damn bit of difference if the offensive line allows the pressure to reach the QB. After trading Berrian, we need to consider replacing the entire offensive line. Pro-bowlers and all.
3. The defense is remarkable. We're down to the scrubs that fill in for the scrubs and the number one offense in the league is essentially shut down. I've had some cause for concern with Lovie but I take it all back. We know that defense can bring you through a season and our defense has some serious depth. I almost wonder if injuries this early are fortunate - the first team will be nearly full strength in a few weeks with that much less abuse.
4. Whatever it costs, get Romo.
UPDATE: Forget my last suggestion. Whatever is costs, cut Berrian. Trade him and Moose for some offensive linesmen. Also WTF?!!! Get him out of the damn game. Put in Mike Hass, Bradley or someone.
(I'm not even talking about Benson. It makes me sad.)
Monday morning update: I'm hoping that the 100% replacement of Grossman was a savvy move by Lovie to show the world that his guy is not really the problem. Or, maybe it was a chance to clear a path for Orton. I'm looking for any kind of silver lining.
Ok, one big positive was Brandon McGowan's play at safety. Well, he was good for three quarters. I think the whole defense got dosed or hypnotized or something after the third.
That's all. I'm going to try to limit the Bears talk to weekends or significant events. Also, after this season (for better or worse) we're getting rid of Dish Network. The only channels I'll miss are the Food Network and the NFL Network.


2 comments:
All I can say is: Go Cubs!
Like I said after week one: stick a fork in them!
Post a Comment