Friday, September 07, 2007

But What About Michael Vick?

I think there was a real lack of Michael Vick coverage last night. It's too bad. Instead, we have to endure crap like THIS. At least they didn't dwell on it during the broadcast - maybe a total of 3 minutes worth of coverage. When you think about it, what Michael Vick will have for dinner tonight as he awaits his sentence and ponders his life and value as a human being is far more entertaining. Who wants to be brought down by thinking about sick kids?

Oh, and is it just me or is everyone glad to finally hear our de-limbed veterans talking about what a great job we're doing in Iraq? It comes as a relief - I thought the initiative/"war" was a miserable failure on nearly every level.

Anyhow, I hope the people of Atlanta can rally behind their team to cheer them back to... uh, the mediocrity they've come to expect(?)

6 comments:

DC Liar 9:21 AM  

I'm just glad that the Saints got their asses handed to 'em. All off-season all I heard from "experts" is how the Saints would have better matched against the Clots in the Superbowl. Bullshit.
Plus, that's one step closer to home-field throughout for the Bears.

BEARS!

Chris B. 10:16 AM  

Word up. The Saints have been exposed. I'm hoping the Bears win by at least 30 against SD tomorrow.

DC Liar 3:19 AM  

Sunday morning 6AM - Still not asleep.

Here are my picks for later today - I would do it on my own blog, but have a WILT post in the works.

Eagles over Packers
Texans over Chiefs
Broncos over Bills
Steelers over Browns
Rams over Panthers
Falcons over Vikings
Patriots over Jets
Redskins over Dolphins
Titans over Jaguars
Bears over Chargers
Seahawks over Buccaneers
Raiders over Lions
Cowboys over Giants
Ravens over Bengals
49ers over Cardinals

Chris B. 6:22 AM  

This has to be the toughest week to pick, but I think I like Chiefs, Jags, Lions and Cardinals. I agree with the rest. Vikings, maybe.

DC Liar 11:46 PM  

My picks:
9 & 6; not bad.
I would've been 11 & 4 if the fucking Beagles could cover a goddamn punt-return and the ref in Cincinnati didn't have outstanding debts to his bookie.

Oh, well.

Chris B. 5:29 AM  

My theory on the NFL is that the Chargers, Patriots, Colts and Bears are the top teams in the league (in that order). After that, it's a brutal slugfest. Also, if the Eagles have trouble with GB, they suck.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP