The Silver Lining
I want to start by pointing out that nobody but the media has crowned Griese with the starting job through this morning. It seems inevitable considering that every other time Lovie has been asked about the position, he started with "Rex is our quarterback." This time he didn't. But still...
If there's any good news, it's the fact that Brian Griese was brought in specifically to replace Grossman in the case of an injury. The injury, in this case, is poor play calling, the lack of a running game, a porous offensive line, and receivers that may or may not catch the ball. How Grossman is the one focal point out of all that is beyond me.
Looking back to the pre-season, Griese looked good, but he was throwing to the second-string receivers who were playing for their lives. Hopefully, Ron Turner will see fit to bench Berrian (at least) and maybe even Moose along with Rex. If there's no change or improvement this week against the Lions, I think Ron Turner should grab some pine. (Incidentally, what does Pep Hamilton do other than lie about his QB in the media?)
If Rex really is out, it's time to shake the whole offense up a bit. I'm hoping for the start of the "Wolfe era" in Chicago.
UPDATE: I had another thought. Maybe the idea with putting in Griese as the starter is to expose him as well. If Grossman doesn't work out and Griese is just as bad, that opens the discussion for a new QB pick and/or revamped o-line. If neither can carry the load, maybe it's time to clear house.


3 comments:
Let me be the first to say, "Griese Sux! ORTON, ORTON, ORTON!!!"
Orton 'ears a 'oo!!
I heard that Dan McNeil wants to buy Fred Miller an usher's jacket the way he's been escorting players to the quarterback the past three games.
Post a Comment