Sunday, September 23, 2007

Remember Last Year?

At this point, nobody expected Thomas Jones, and by the time he had racked up 100 yards, defenses were just understanding what they were up against. At that moment, Grossman looked like a superhero. Six or seven games into the season, defenses got enough film or understood what we had going.

This year, the offensive line is dubious, Benson is either playing hurt or he's only average, and our best chances for some offense sat the first half on the sidelines. I think that when Benson averages 2.8 yards in a half, it's time to try Peterson or Wolfe. When Berrian and Moose can't hold on to basic passes, put the hungry and exciting Mike Hass or the dynamic-looking Mark Bradley in the game. Maybe they're saving these new guys for later in the season as a surprise/secret weapon.

It's only halftime now, but the Bears got one lucky break (dropped Dallas TD) and a number of "hometown" calls so far. The Dallas defense looks average. We should be gashing them by 24 at the half. We don't have a Superbowl offense. 3 points at the half is a losing effort.

I can only hope that they break out the weaponry after the half.

UPDATE: Jeez - sorry I said anything. Briggs down, now Ogunleye. WTF?

UPDATE 2: Yikes. Four injuries total, if I counted correctly. What's more concerning is the number of dropped passes. Grossman is not really the worst part of that offense. He took all the snaps without error, made a number of passes, stuck in the pocket, ran for one of the longest rushes of the night, etc. It's no fun hoping against hope that Hester or the defense can score for you. We need to shore this up before we meet the Packers - that's for sure.

4 comments:

DC Liar 12:11 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
DC Liar 12:13 AM  

If Lovie sticks with Grossie in next week's game against the Lions you can kiss this season goodbye.

Chris B. 5:04 AM  

He will - and I will. There's really no other choice. We need to build an offensive line, then find a new, young QB. That Leak kid looked pretty good in the preseason - I wonder what happened to him.

bigsoda 6:06 AM  

Rex was not the only one sucking out there. I think it's time to admit that we're just not as good as we thought we were. Oh, well...

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP