Why Do I Do This?
I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.
Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.
3 comments:
I knew she was a damn fine drummer, but that's just sick. Still, apples and oranges compared to rock drumming. One of my pet peeves is rock guys playing with light as balsa jazz sticks like KC uses. Seems like cheating to lean on the PA to make you sound like a R&R monster. I'm calling you out Jimmy Chamberlain. The only guy who gets a pass on this is Keith Moon. BTW, where are the mics on the drums?
I imagine that Carol had to use lightweight sticks to prevent her bones from breaking under the strain.
I think this was choreographed (thus the lack of mics) but you can tell she could play every note. Most impressive either way.
To Michael's point, 7As to Karen Carpenter are probably the equivalent of 5Bs or higher to us. This reminds me of a Steve Martin joke about plumbers...
Post a Comment