Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why Does My Neighbor Fear Muslims?

I just noticed this morning that the "Nobama" sign on my neighbor's front yard has an added star in the logo, indicating a Muslim connection. If he does become president, he won't only be president of the Christians, he'll also be president of the Muslims, the Jews, the atheists, and all of the other Americans free from religious persecution.

I understand that if Obama claims to be Christian, then turns out to be something completely different, we have a problem. But so far, he's only ever said that he's Christian, belongs to a Christian church, and has said this on record in no uncertain terms.

More interestingly, the sentiment of the sign is that a Muslim would not be welcome as president. I'm sure that's the popular opinion, but why is that? We may be on the verge of a huge step in civil rights if we promote a black man to the highest elected office, but it still seems like some of the fundamentals are missing.

5 comments:

bigsoda 11:31 AM  

I'm afraid this country, that I love, is brimming with ignorant, stupid douche-nozzles. There was a story on NPR about a guy who was a prominent exec in the telecom industry. He set up a foundation to buy coats and tents for day laborers who hung around in the cold waiting for work. A number of conservative bloggers/press decided that the only reason a Muslim from Malaysia would help Catholics from South America was to convert them and form terrorist cells. Now, he's become a pariah and has a hard time finding work.

Even the staunchest conservatives with half a brain (I'm looking at you, Chicago Tribune) have endorsed Obama. If the McCain/Palin ticket wins this election, it's a clear indication that we've reached a tipping point and the ignorant, stupid douche-nozzles have the power to make the biggest decisions in this country. There's no turning back after that. Keep your fingers crossed (whatever religion they practice).

kroushlconflict 1:30 PM  

If your neighbor has that sign, are you allowed to post a "I live next to an shithead" sign?

Chris B. 2:16 PM  

I tried to talk Mr. Aquamanski into buying the house next to us. Not sure if you heard about that negotiation. Luckily, this guy lives down the street, but I drive by it every day.

The thing is, it's a sad state of affairs when you feel that slander/libel is more important than support of the other candidate as a tool of persuasion. I kind of feel like they already have the idiot sign up.

Anonymous,  11:32 AM  

All one has to do is a little research on Liberal Socialist countries in Europe and how they have experienced a Muslim population explosion - particularly in France, Denmark and the UK. It's to the point where they are trying to implement Shahira Law in the UK. It can't happen here?

Chris B. 12:09 PM  

It can happen here but it would have to be voted on and passed. If the majority of the country was Muslim, it would probably make sense, actually. Since it's not, it's really not a threat.

It's very possible that in our lifetime, the majority of the world will be Muslim and we'll be a minority. I would think it would be better to learn how to co-exist with Muslims if that is true or even possible.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP