Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Liberal, Left, Socialist

I think that when John McCain says that Obama is trying to take our money for taxes, he's forgetting that we're already paying taxes, and for now, all that money goes to Iraq and the dumber banks.

When he says that Obama is the most liberal Democrat there is, that's code for "he's a maverick" - especially since he voted contrary to MOST OF CONGRESS regarding the war. Not just his own party - he opposed the time/money suck that is Iraq from the start. McCain might call that liberal or "far left" but I call it realistic. Hell, Dick Cheney knew this would turn into a "quagmire" years ago.



Here's a town hall with McCain where he's asked about bringing back a military draft. The straight-talking maverick does not disagree with it.



I'm ready to get away from being the leader of the free world by force and going back to leading by example and innovation. We have the money and the propensity to provide an example that is envied by other nations and cultures, not disparaged. Currently, there is a lot that needs to be fixed, and I believe Obama is more likely to get this work started.

4 comments:

P-Dizzle 6:43 AM  

I voted yesterday. There was a steady stream of people almost like your ordinary election day in D-town. Take advantage of this new early voting thing. I think I can come back and do it a few more times, if it's anything like the town I grew up in...

Chris B. 6:52 AM  

Ha! Yeah, you probably have time to grow a mustache by the 4th.

Moderator 3:30 PM  

I think the sentence should have read "We HAD the money and prosperity..." Past tense. But other than that, I'm with you 100 percent.

Chris B. 4:44 PM  

How about "we have the ability to print more money and prosperity..."?

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP